How to optimize a website?
1. Analyze and study your website:Website analysis: Analysis of meta sets/keywords, visible text and code to determine how well you're positioned for search engines. For example, how much code do you have on a page compared to text?Competitive analysis: Examination of content keywords and present engine rankings of competitive websites to determine an effective engine positioning strategy. Pick the top five results in the Google listing results to begin this process. Expand as necessary. Use tools such as Semrush.com and Keywordspy.com.Initial keyword nomination: Development of a prioritized list of targeted search terms related to your customer base and market segment. Begin with this: What would you type into a search engine to find your business website or page? Then, ask your customers!
2. Determine your competition's website.
- Analyse the competitors . Search in google and make a list of it. Check their keywords, design and content.
3. Include meta and title tags.
- Check your On-Page SEO.
4. Research keywords.
- Use Google keyword planner to find your long tailed and short tailed keywords.
5. Place keywords strategically throughout your content.Your content should carry the keywords.An exaggerated number of keywords into your site’s text is not good. Google will penalize greatly for this because it looks like a spam site. Be sure to place your most important keyword or keywords throughout the page as recommended above and below. You can use 2-3% of keywords in your content.
6. Use alt tags to describe your images: alt text offers you another opportunity to include your target keyword. With on-page keyword usage still pulling weight as a search engine ranking factor, it's in your best interest to create alt text that both describes the image and, if possible, includes a keyword or keyword phrase you're targeting.7. Develop some base traffic reports.
8. Revise the web content to better suit your keywords: If you've already got great content, you can further extend its shelf life by making revisions to it, such as optimising your content for more relevant keywords or linking to new resources as they become available.9. Keep providing new content: new content provides new and different applications for users10. Get other websites to link to you: Who links to your site and how they linkto it is the fundamental factor driving your search engine rank and your website traffic.11. Create a site map: Free Online Google Sitemap Generator. XML-sitemaps.com provides free online sitemap generator service, creating an XML sitemap that can be submitted to Google, Bing and other search engines to help them crawl your website better.12. Validate your HTML code: This validator checks the markup validity of Web documents in HTML, XHTML, SMIL, MathML, etc. If you wish to validate specific content such as RSS/Atom feeds or CSS stylesheets, MobileOK content, or to find broken links, there are other validators and tools available.
- Google analytics will help you to do the same.